Louis Nix finds new home with N.Y. Giants
Louis Nix’s first plunge into unemployment didn’t last long.
A couple of days after the former Notre Dame star got cut by the Houston Texas, the New York Giants claimed the former third-round draft choice off waivers and added him to their 53-man roster.
Nix, a 6-2, 321-pound nose guard, spent his entire rookie season last year on injured reserve.
Among other former Irish players getting a reprieve after getting cut Saturday:
• Former ND center and Penn graduate Braxston Cave has been added to the Detroit Lions’ practice squad.
• Rookie tight end and seventh-round draft choice Ben Koyack gets added to Jacksonville’s practice squad.
• The Baltimore Ravens added former ND/Stanford tight end Konrad Reuland to their practice squad.
Among the former Irish players cut Saturday and still looking to be added to an active roster or a practice squad include:
• Offensive lineman Eric Olsen, cut by the Cleveland Browns.
• Offensive lineman Mike Golic Jr., cut by the New Orleans Saints.
• Running back Jonas Gray and linebacker Darius Fleming, cut by the New England Patriots.
• Running back George Atkinson III, cut by the Oakland Raiders.
• Notre Dame/Delaware defensive lineman Ronald Talley and Notre Dame/UCLA wide receiver Shaq Evans both cut by the New York Jets.