Notre Dame commit recap: WR Micah Jones catches victory
Notre Dame’s commits accounted for 13 touchdowns in their games last week. ND Insider recaps how all 17 pledges in action fared.
• WR Micah Jones | Gurnee (Ill.) Warren Township 21, Stevenson 14: Jones scored all three touchdowns to secure a Warren Township victory. A 10-yard touchdown catch by Jones in the third quarter broke a 14-14 tie for the Blue Devils (6-3). Jones finished with four catches for 44 yards with the three touchdowns.
• QB Phil Jurkovec | Gibsonia (Pa.) Pine-Richland 64, Butler 0: Jurkovec moved the ball efficiently in another blowout victory. He completed 10 of his 12 passes for 163 yards (83 percent) and three touchdowns. The scores came from 31, 17 and 40 yards out. Jurkovec also rushed five times for 38 yards as the Rams (9-0) stayed undefeated.
• QB Cade McNamara | Reno (Nev.) Damonte Ranch 39, Carson 7: McNamara put together another prolific performance with 364 yards and four touchdowns on 24-of-29 passing (83 percent). McNamara has thrown for more than 300 yards in five games this season for Damonte Ranch (8-0).
• ROV Shayne Simon, DT Jayson Ademilola and DE Justin Ademilola | Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep 21, St. Joseph Regional 17: Simon ensured a St. Peter’s Prep victory with an interception in the end zone on the final play of the game. Simon finished with eight tackles and one tackle for a loss in addition to two catches for 36 yards. Justin Ademilola notched nine tackles and one sack for the Marauders (5-2). Jayson Ademilola added six tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss and a half sack.
• OL John Dirksen | Maria Stein (Ohio) Marion Local 34, St. Henry 6: Dirksen cleared the way for Marion Local’s offense to score the final 27 points of the game. Nolan Habodasz rushed for 160 yards and three touchdowns for the Flyers (9-0) behind Dirksen and the offensive line.
• LB Bo Bauer | Erie (Pa.) Cathedral Prep 49, Fort LeBoeuf 14: Bauer and the Cathedral Prep defense limited an opposing team to 14 points or less for the seventh time this season. The Ramblers (9-0) earned a Region 6 championship with the victory.
• RB Jahmir Smith | Sanford (N.C.) Lee County 68, Union Pines 0: A heavy dose of Smith wasn’t needed for Lee County to stay unbeaten. Smith rushed 11 times for 93 yards and two touchdowns for the Yellow Jackets (9-0). The highlight of the night came on a 42-yard touchdown run for Smith that included a nice stiff arm and a big hit near the goal line.
— Jahmir Smith (Mir) (@Jahmir_trapical) October 21, 2017
• OL Cole Mabry | Brentwood (Tenn.) High 49, Marshall County 7: Brentwood continue to move the ball with ease behind Mabry and his fellow offensive linemen. Quarterback Carson Shacklett passed for 252 yards and the offense racked up more than 150 rushing yards for the Bruins (8-1).
• DT Ja’mion Franklin | Ridgely (Md.) North Caroline 56, Bennett 7: Franklin pitched in four tackles and two tackles for a loss as the North Caroline defense played well in another win for the undefeated Bulldogs (8-0).
• WR Kevin Austin | Coconut Creek (Fla.) North Broward Prep 20, Calvary Christian Academy 27: The passing game wasn’t working for North Broward Prep (4-3), so Austin made his impact as a runner. He turned nine carries into 167 yards including an 81-yard touchdown on the first offensive play of the game for the Eagles. Austin caught one pass for -2 yards. North Broward Prep only completed three passes all game.
• TE George Takacs | Naples (Fla.) Gulf Coast 20, Palmetto Ridge 27: Takacs caught eight passes for 85 yards in a losing effort for Gulf Coast (3-2).
• LB Ovie Oghoufo | Farmington Hills (Mich.) Harrison 12, Clarkston 23: Oghoufo did a little bit of everything in the Harrison loss. On defense, he recorded nine tackles, four tackles for a loss, one sack and one pass breakup for the Hawks (6-3). On offense, Oghoufo caught five passes for 53 yards and ran once for four yards.
• LB Jack Lamb | Temecula (Calif.) Great Oak 21, Murrieta Mesa 41: Lamb played his first full game since a knee injury to start the season. He tallied nine tackles including a strip sack to set up the first touchdown of the game for Great Oak (4-4).
• DT Jacob Lacey | Bowling Green (Ky.) South Warren 7, Bowling Green 43: Lacey and the South Warren defense were unable to slow down Bowling Green in a lopsided loss. The Spartans (7-2) ceded 336 passing yards and 57 rushing yards to Bowling Green. Lacey recorded four tackles, two tackles for a loss and a sack.
• S Derrik Allen | Marietta (Ga.) Lassiter 19, Walton 42: Allen recorded a pair of pass breakups for Lassiter (5-3) before leaving the game with an apparent hand injury. Allen did not respond when asked for details on his injury.
Bye week: S Paul Moala, RB Markese Stepp
*Stats reported were provided by players, coaches or the following news organizations: MaxPreps, The Press-Enterprise, The Daily Standard, Williamson Herald, Sanford Herald, NJ.com.