Ryan Turner, 4-star cornerback from Florida, signs with Ohio State football
The nation’s No. 35 cornerback, according to the 247Sports composite rankings, Ryan Turner is coming off of a senior season that ended in yet another state championship. On Wednesday, he officially became an Ohio State Buckeye.
Live:Who's signing with Ohio State football on National Signing Day
The 6-foot 180-pounder was a big part of the reason Chaminade-Madonna Prep won a sixth straight Florida state championship, defeating Berkeley for the 3A crown.
He teamed with fellow Ohio State commit Kenyatta Jackson and UCF defensive line commit Jamaal Johnson to provide an outstanding defense for Chaminade-Madonna.
Turner made his verbal commitment to the Buckeyes on May 5, choosing them over Clemson and Penn State, among others.
The 2022 Ohio State football recruiting class
- C.J. Hicks, LB
- Gabe Powers, LB
- Devin Brown, QB
- Caleb Burton, WR
- Kaleb Brown, WR
- Kenyatta Jackson, DE
- Kyion Grayes, WR
- Tegra Tshabola, OT
- Kojo Antwi, WR
- Jyaire Brown, CB
- Dallan Hayden, RB
- George Fitzpatrick, OT
- Ryan Turner, CB
- Kye Stokes, S
- Bennett Christian, TE
- Avery Henry, OT
- Sonny Styles, S
- Caden Curry, DL
Where Ohio State’s 2022 recruiting class ranks
Ohio State entered December National Signing Day with the No.4-ranked recruiting class.
They trail Georgia, Alabama and Texas A&M. Those three programs plan to sign three 5-star recruits each.
When is the next National Signing Day?
In 2017, the NCAA brought back the early signing day for football. It went into effect in 2018. But before that, the first Wednesday of February was National Signing Day for football recruits.
The next signing will be Feb. 2.
However, recruits don’t have to sign that day. Last year, Ohio State signed J.T. Tuimoloau in the summer.
How does Ohio State's 2023 recruiting class look right now?
As of now, Ohio State has two commitments in its 2023 class. Tight end Tyler Lockwood of Independence, Tenn. (4-star) and Dayton Wayne standout lineman Joshua Padilla (4-stars) have committed to Ohio State.
The 10-highest rated recruits to sign with Ohio State
The recruiting ranking era began in the early 2000s. Here are the 10 highest-rated players to sign with Ohio State.
- Quinn Ewers, QB, Southlake Carroll High School (2021)
- Terrelle Pryor, QB, Jeannette High School, (2008)
- Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Cleveland Glenville (2004)
- J.T. Tuimoloau, DL, Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic (2021)
- Jack Sawyer, DL, Pickerington North High School (2021)
- Julian Fleming, WR, Catawissa (Pa.) Southern Columbia High School (2020)
- Noah Spence, DE, Harrisburg (Pa.) Bishop McDevitt (2012)
- Nick Bosa, DE, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas (2016)
- Beanie Wells, RB, Akron Garfield High School (2006)
- Sam Maldonado, RB, Harrison (NY.) High School (2000)