Brian Kelly: No word on Notre Dame's Frozen Five

Bob Wieneke
South Bend Tribune

Notre Dame football coach Brian Kelly said Wednesday morning that there has been no change in the status of the five players who have been sidelined from practice and games because of the academic fraud investigation.

"No, there has been no change in the status," Kelly said Wednesday morning on the ACC Coaches Teleconference. "My practice roster is still the same, same players out there so no change as I sit here on this teleconference."

Kelly said Tuesday at his weekly press conference that he felt word of the fate of the five -- cornerback KeiVarae Russell, wide receiver DaVaris Daniels, linebacker Kendall Moore, defensive end Ishaq Williams and safety Eilar Hardy -- would be "imminent."

Hearings for the five were completed last week, and the university said in a press release Sunday that word would come from the players. Notre Dame plays North Carolina on Saturday.

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly said Wedneday morning that there is no change in the status of the five players held out of practice and games because of the academic fraud investigation. (SBT Photo/ROBERT FRANKLIN)